RCU Forums - View Single Post - Reverse is NOT a Trivial Option!!!!
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2003, 05:21 AM
TheMachine

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Reverse is NOT a Trivial Option!!!!

I`m a basher mainly and I own a T-Max and a Buggy and a Savage and on-road.

When I got the T-Max I was quiet pleased with the cool idea of reverse...and it was fun, but once I started bashing hard and really putting the truck thru its paces I realised(much to my disappointment and dismay) that a performance upgrade, and a strengthening technique for the T was to eliminate reverse ! Hmm ! So I did the FOC thing and got rid of the servo etc and I have to say that the performance and smoothness of the truck really increased !, and when you think about it, it stands to reason(have you felt how heavy the fwd/rev clutch drum is ?? [X(] ) ...Also after killing a few primary fwd gears with a little .15 CV-RX I learnt that the jerking action of the fwd/rev mechanism puts more stress on your gears...and it operates constantly fwd or not.

Reverse is cool but I wouldn`t pay for it, Savage doesn`t need it for me(I don`t know how the HPI rev works...is it good ? power robbing like a T-Max ?)

TM

PS: Deandome...you may not be on your soapbox..but you have 1 foot on it !... can you see that !? Please be objective if for no ones else`s sake than your own argument