RCU Forums - View Single Post - Looking to scratch build a Jagdpanther HELP!
Old 08-30-2015, 10:34 AM
Max-U52

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Sorry I can't help with the info you need, but I'm wondering, why did you choose the Jagdpanther for your first scratchbuild? And how much do you plan to build from scratch? The entire tank, or maybe just the upper hull and marry that to an existing lower, or what? I've been thinking about a scratchbuild myself, but I need to do a WWII German truck, the Hanomag SS-100. I don't really think of it as a scratchbuild, though, because I'll cheat every chance I get on this one and use whatever pre-made parts I can find. I think of it more as a kitbash.

So I know how frustrating it can be trying to find specs and info for a project like this. It was a major chore just to come up with the wheelbase for an SS-100, and I'm still not entirely certain it really was a 3 meter wheelbase. And if I manage the miraculous feat of producing this truck in RC 1/16 I'll then get to tackle one of these

But that should be a lot easier as it won't be powered so it won't need RC.

I've got a start on the whole convoy project, though, with one of these on the way

Good luck with the Jagdpanther, I'll be watching and if you think of some way I can help just sing out.