Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Looking to scratch build a Jagdpanther HELP!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Looking to scratch build a Jagdpanther HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2015, 09:58 AM
diabloflash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to scratch build a Jagdpanther HELP!

Does anyone have printable Stencil or a file or something for me to go off of?
Tried googling but found nothing...
Looking to build my first Scratch Build.

Looking to build a Jagdpanther

Thank you!
Old 08-30-2015, 10:34 AM
Max-U52

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Sorry I can't help with the info you need, but I'm wondering, why did you choose the Jagdpanther for your first scratchbuild? And how much do you plan to build from scratch? The entire tank, or maybe just the upper hull and marry that to an existing lower, or what? I've been thinking about a scratchbuild myself, but I need to do a WWII German truck, the Hanomag SS-100. I don't really think of it as a scratchbuild, though, because I'll cheat every chance I get on this one and use whatever pre-made parts I can find. I think of it more as a kitbash.

So I know how frustrating it can be trying to find specs and info for a project like this. It was a major chore just to come up with the wheelbase for an SS-100, and I'm still not entirely certain it really was a 3 meter wheelbase. And if I manage the miraculous feat of producing this truck in RC 1/16 I'll then get to tackle one of these

But that should be a lot easier as it won't be powered so it won't need RC.

I've got a start on the whole convoy project, though, with one of these on the way

Good luck with the Jagdpanther, I'll be watching and if you think of some way I can help just sing out.
Old 08-31-2015, 02:45 PM
bowlman

Received 85 Likes on 69 Posts

Build this one .

Jimmy
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	128mm jagdpanther.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	2117651  
Old 08-31-2015, 04:44 PM
bhop73

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm also curious why you chose a Jagdpanther, since it's already available as both Tamiya and Heng Long/Taigen versions. Unless you're thinking of a big scale or something..

I would think if you're going to scratch build a tank, why not build something that's not available already?