RCU Forums - View Single Post - Is there a book on covering aircraft that is NOT 99% about Monokote
Old 09-01-2015, 07:46 AM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by H5487
Is that because the TEX process is that much better or because the silk and dope process is that messier/tedious?

That sounds like something I'd like to add to my reference file. I wouldn't mind getting a copy if it can be downloaded off your Kindle onto a thumbdrive.

Harvey.
.The Tex is a true cloth covering that irons on like the mono but is much easier to both put on and shrink. Also comes in colors so you don't need to paint. Makes you look like a pro, the stuff is really easy to work with. The no mess no smell is also a big plus. If push comes to shove I will do silk span, it stinks and is a mess but it is still fun to work with. A fellow just did a build in kit building and went silk span and dope.
I have a book to finish today then I will look up and see what the old modeling book has in it. I remember it has a lot of scratch building tips but don't recall much more then that. I have the app for kindle on my computer too so I can download books on it too. I have several kindles though and only use it to pre read an authors work before publishing but the app is free. It's on Amazon kindle.