RCU Forums - View Single Post - Specktrum radios; why did you crash? Why did you have a "brown-out?"
Old 09-10-2015, 10:20 PM
bjbellino
My Feedback: (176)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Radio systems have made advances in technology, I.E., that being 2.4 Ghz systems, fantastic!! It would be easy to write about how bad Spektrum is? Haven't ever owned one. Have read a lot of bad reviews here on RCU. most, if not all based in fact and expereience. I use another brand since my first plane over 35 years ago and have been very happy with the performance. The old FM receivers were a worry after a crash and the smart pilot sent them in to get checked. With 2.4, came surface mount technology and kinda made receivers bullet proof. I understand the phrase "brown out" refers to a signal problem. I don't think I would buy into a Spektrum system, even though I am sure they have some redeeming qualities?? Loyalty is a wonderful thing, but after so many problems I would have to abandon ship, unless the manufacturer would be willing to start buying people that have had failures new planes and radios to make it right, we all know that isn't going to happen. I would think that after so much bad press, sales would be in the crapper, anyway good luck.