RCU Forums - View Single Post - Specktrum radios; why did you crash? Why did you have a "brown-out?"
Old 09-11-2015, 07:58 AM
John_M_

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Jack_K
John, How do you set up a separate servo bus? Jack
Jack, I use two of these power boards from servo city; one for each receiver... there's nothing fancy about these boards, they just offer a good power buss to the servos... if you look at the board, you'll see two large holes at one end, that is where you solder in your battery harness with a good quality switch, those large holes supplies the servos with their own power source... the way these servo city power boards are designed, they isolate the servo battery source from reaching the receiver.... you then use another batter pack and switch that plugs into your receiver... the two battery packs are isolated through the power board... but, if you don't want to use a separate battery for the receiver, if you look at the other end of the power board, you'll see another set of smaller holes, that is a power takeoff point to power the receiver, so the one battery feeding the the power board will supply power to both the servos and receiver, but doing it that way you gain nothing really if you have several hV digital servos thumping away, you could still cause a voltage drop across the buss and starve the receiver.

If you want something that offers you load balancing, bad battery isolation, and true redundancy, then take a look at the power boards from SmartFly.

https://www.servocity.com/html/servo_power_boards.html

This image shows basically what the servo city power board is doing and how I have mine setup times two; one for each receiver... I have one battery pack and switch feeding both power boards for the servo power, and another separate battery pack and switch feeding both receivers.

John M,
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Power.jpg
Views:	887
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	2119298  

Last edited by John_M_; 09-11-2015 at 11:41 AM.