RCU Forums - View Single Post - Balsa USA 1/4 Scale Nieuport 28 Build
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2015, 12:31 PM
SunDevilPilot

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Today I tackled the windshield. I have never done a windshield using this method but I believe it is superior to gluing one on after the model is finished. All the fiddling is done and for the most part the windshield is complete. I will likely add some fillets to the lower edge once the initial glue sets up. I will also add some type of filler material to the backside, along the joints between the front and sides. I don't want these parts to come apart down the road so maybe something like fiberglass cloth.

The process went really smooth. I first mounted the base, centering it on the fuselage. Then I added the center portion, using a small piece of wood with a tiny notch in it to set the proper angle. Once the center was glued in place I added the sides. The sides have a slight bend to them. I pre-bent the parts with a little water, allowing the bend to set while the parts were strapped to a can.

I think the only item left to address is the locating and mounting of the motor ESC. Been a lot of work but this one is pretty much assembled and can move onto covering / painting.

SunDevilPilot

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nieuport Windshield Part 1 1.jpg
Views:	403
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	2120078   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nieuport Windshield Part 1 2.jpg
Views:	412
Size:	637.4 KB
ID:	2120079   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nieuport Windshield Part 1 3.jpg
Views:	420
Size:	706.9 KB
ID:	2120080  

Last edited by SunDevilPilot; 09-15-2015 at 02:50 PM.