RCU Forums - View Single Post - Specktrum radios; why did you crash? Why did you have a "brown-out?"
Old 09-17-2015, 04:08 AM
Sundance2018

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Guys -
I need to chime in here to hopefully get some advice. I bought my first Spektrum setup - the new DX6 - and used it in a Dynam SMART model plane. In all my years I have never had such a wild uncontrollable ride with a model aircraft. I finally ended up crashing and totaling the plane on the 5th flight.
Before reading this forum string, I had attributed my failure to unpredictable wind currents coupled with warped tail surfaces and a stripped wing servo; those were the only causes I could figure. However, after replacing the wing servos, and making other corrections, I still encountered uncontrollable flights. Now I am more inclined to think that much of the unpredictable behavior of the model may have been more to do with these "brown out" conditions being described here. I mean during all of the flights the plane would be cruising along and then quite suddenly go into totally erratic mode with sudden climbs, dives, or vicious banks ALL of which could be indicative of a bad Tx / Rx link. I have flown other planes in heavy winds before and never had problems with the Futaba analog setups I used.
I am getting ready to install the radio into another plane I have but am petrified to do so after reading this post coupled with what I have experienced with the Dynam SMART.
If it's a random problem how do I test for this?