RCU Forums - View Single Post - A little bug for me with the latest Futaba 18mz software update. 2.5.1 Anyone else?
Old 09-21-2015, 11:00 AM
stevekott

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ww2birds
thanks for the news Mike. I have a PB teleconverter but have not tried to use it. I thought Don D had his working with some help from the PB gang at KY jets.. sorry to hear your issues. I've always found that the PB guys have super good and responsive help via their forum .. I see you've been over there too.

We really need the Futaba guys to wake up here. Grumble...

Dave
Hey Dave,

I don't have any experience with the PB Teleconverter but the 2.5.1 upgrade DOES work with all of my CB Elektronics airspeed indicators where the previous release did not. I am able to switch between kph and mph by changing System Units and the seem to be reading accurate airspeeds in either mode.

In addition you can use a single slot using the 'True Airspeed' sensor rather than spoofing the Robbe GPS sensor which requires 8 slots,

It also seems to be playing nice with the Xicoy data link on my Merlin 200 XBL. Although a lot of the data are spoofing Temperature Sensors they seem to be coming through accurately. In order for them to make sense you need to display in Metric Units as they are set up in Degrees Celsius. When you display in Yard-Pounds they are off by the predictable 9/5C +32 conversion. RPM is always accurate in either units as is EGT.

I do have the 2.4.1 files backed up somewhere. PM me if you still need them.

Happy Flying,

SteveK

Last edited by stevekott; 09-21-2015 at 11:12 AM.