RCU Forums - View Single Post - A little bug for me with the latest Futaba 18mz software update. 2.5.1 Anyone else?
Old 09-21-2015, 05:01 PM
ww2birds
My Feedback: (14)

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

thanks, Steve! the CB guys pointed me to the Ripmax site (Euro disturb for Futaba) who has all the old files if we need them .. nice.

Sounds like I'll go to 2.5.1

Many thanks for taking the time to relay your experience.

I prefer to run my system in yard-pound (mostly so I get familiar units at critical channels e.g. airspeed callouts on the voice synthesis from the CB pitot system while on final) and I've been learning to mentally map the 212F to 32F fuel state (since it's 0-100% Centigrade) to good cut points which leads to in comprehensive to my caller statements like "oh, I'm at 50 degrees, better think about landing" :-) And of course dealing with turbine temps in F .. sigh. Of course the telemetry is mostly used for alarms and limits so this is no so terrible...

But still, I SURE WISH the Futaba gang would give us units per channel, or user-namable units, or y=mx+b corrections or SOMETHINNG to help us.

I am also using the Xicoy link with a 200XBL (in an Ultra Bandit) ... very nice motor .. not as powerful as a P200 (to be fair the P200 is really a 230 N engine) but still plenty for the UB. What fuel "factor" are you using? I found out it had to be much lower than the 400 default...

Dave