RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA fields that exclude AMA groups.
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2015, 11:07 AM
RCFlyerDan
My Feedback: (54)

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by init4fun
Bottom line here = any one single club simply CAN'T be all things to all people , and all except those who like seeing controversy where there isn't any , are fully aware of and have no problem whatsoever with that fact ......
Very True!! This is why over the past 5 years, I actually belonged to 4 different clubs. Some guys thought I was crazy to drive 110 miles one way to fly my jets, or 52 miles to fly my CARF 3.1m Extra, but this is what I had to do for my own personal enjoyment of the hobby. Each club provided a different setting and mentality of the different planes/jets flown at that clubs' fields. My home club, 8 miles away, became a " beginners'/foamy and heli" field". Large gas and jets became very unwelcomed there. Finally, due to family issues keeping me in St. Pete went away; I then had the freedom to move to the best and most stable field out of the 4 that allows ALL aspects of the hobby. The men usually act as "grown-ups" and are patient to wait their turn, should they not want to fly with a 3D guy, foamy guy, flight training, or jet guy. Fortunately, our club has the room to have a totally separate heli part of the field with their own huts and set up.
Now, I have lived up North before too. I understand the limited flying time, due to the seasons. And, there are more hobby enthusiast that can only fly on the weekends, due to their jobs. All I can still recommend, is patience for your fellow hobbyist, no matter what he is flying. So what if you have to be at the flying field for an extra hour or so? Isn't this is why we are also in the hobby, is to get out in the country, and visit with fellow members?