RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA fields that exclude AMA groups.
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2015, 11:52 AM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Silent-AV8R
Two clubs that I fly at exclude turbines because the landowners have specifically requested that turbines be excluded. So, should the clubs allow turbines in the name of inclusiveness and lose their flying sites as a result, or is this a situation where it is OK?

Three other flying sites, two in City parks, the other not, only allow electrics planes, again because the parks departments and/or land owners are concerned about noise. So is this a situation where it is OK to ban an AMA group or ignore the owners and risk losing the flying sites?

It seems that many think the decision to prohibit certain kinds of planes/groups is based on a dislike of the prohibited group. That has rarely been my experience. Bans are almost always the result of restrictions that come from the land owners or other limitations that are needed in order for the site to even exist.
It is sometime true that clubs have a good reason to restrict certain types of models but many times that is not the case, I don't the OP was suggesting that any club should have to do something that would cause the lose of their site.