RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA fields that exclude AMA groups.
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2015, 02:28 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by crash99
Single club can't be all things ??? Why is that?

I believe all the other posters to this thread summed it up very well , that especially within the confines of a small field , certain flying types simply aren't safe when practiced together . If I were flying a nice zippy fast turbine , I would not want to have to evade a hovering Extra . and if I was hovering an Extra , I wouldn't want it torpedoed by a turbine on a high speed pass . Never , not once , have I found such restrictions being placed for "snobby" reasons , as you seem to want to portray this issue as , instead I've seen clubs form that cater to the type(S) of flying that the members themselves gravitate to , and try to accommodate as many different flying styles into the mix as are safe to be practiced together . I think the AMA has it exactly right in this regard , and that your idea of punishing clubs that don't embrace your flawed notion of all inclusiveness is absurd .

So what's the REAL issue here ? You wanna hover your Sukhoi in the middle of my C/L circle while I fly my Ringmaster , or what ?

Politically correct , feel good "all inclusiveness" may work in some areas of life , but have ya ever noticed they don't have Snail races on an Indy track ????