RCU Forums - View Single Post - Help with magnum xl 46
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2015, 12:55 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by skyflier
Thanks John, You mentioned that neither of those are your favorites. If you don't mind me asking what is your favorite trainer? Thanks.

For me the hands down all time favorite is the Senior Cadet, preferably sig versions but either the kit builts or the Arfs with the Senior Cadet Sport being the latest version.

The Cadets any of them are arguably the most successful RC trainers in terms of numbers and successes in the history of RC aircraft. I doubt few who had actually been around would argue aginst that.

The also are the most prized kit bashing subject ever, Most of my bud,s would never be ever be without at least one. I have I think six One is a convertible aerotow glider as well as a twin, also have done three Quad Cadets with four engines, also have a cross country float version that carries a gallon of fuel and has flown over 6 hours non stop, Another is a giant on floats at about 120% of the originals and 112" span. I

I formerly ran pylon races just for Senior Cadets that was very popular here locally and my latest recently is the Turbine Cadet actually powered with both glow and gas turbine engine. Will add a link in a few minutes to the little thread I did on that one and there is video of one of the early turbine powed flights.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/club...ior-cadet.html

Never be embarrassed to fly a trainer no matter what it is

John

Last edited by JohnBuckner; 11-07-2015 at 12:58 PM.