RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dues increase coming? 1 million spent on government relations.....
Old 12-06-2015, 01:50 PM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HoundDog
CJ: & Others:
Just like the first amendment I may not like what U say(Or your Opinions) but I'll defend your right to say it . That being said:
If U only Join the AMA to have access to a flying site too bad I feel sorry For U. There is so much more to this hobby/sport than going to a place and fly 3 times for a total of maybe a half hour in the air. If U aren't flying "LLectric" that is. There are an estimated 500 thousand people flying some sort of R/C in the USA today. Subtracting the AMA's 180/185 from a half million (Soon to be a Million and a half) we find 170% more people Flying R/C than the whole of the AMA. Now if U or anyone else dislikes the AMA so much, I suggest either U or them run for office in the AMA and change it from within.
On The other Hand is to save your Dues and Join the 170%, soon to be 1.5 million / 180k over 800% of the people flying R/C TOYs. that don't need the AMA and it's expense just to fly TOY airplanes in the USA. If U and others are so unhappy with the AMA (For any reason) then show your disdain by selling all your TOYs to those that Appreciate the AMA and all they do for the Hobby/Sport and Go buy an R/C Sailboat a lawn chair and a 6 pac. Then when U sober up U can wonder where the dumb sail boat went. LOL

Originally Posted by cj_rumley
Hound,
I appreciate your concern, but don't understand why you think I am missing out on anything. At the club site, I enjoy the camaraderie with clubmates and everything else that goes with modeling. AMA very rarely gets even passing mention, except in an annual report from the treasurer at a club meeting that AMA charter fees were paid out, and a posted placard displaying the AMA Safety Code. A fair portion of the time I spend there is with noobs, assisting them with intro flights, and instruction if they come back for more. AMA doesn't get mentioned even when I'm in that role. I give them a safety brief, but leave it to others to tell them they have to belong to AMA to fly there.

CJ
but don't understand why you think I am missing out
First I ment to send it as a PM.
I didn't say U were Missing out U said:

"Will I pay at the AMA toll gate to gain access to my club flying site? Yes. Do tens of thousands of other modelers pay that toll for no reason other than access to a flying site? Yes

Sorry if I did misinterpret "no reason other than "