RCU Forums - View Single Post - what to buy with a corona
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2003, 10:21 PM
tocano

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: what to buy with a corona

Yes definitely get a brushless. I should have got one too myself. My Corona is only 3 months old and the AF motor is not generating enough power anymore, still plenty of brushes left. I probably damaged the magnet.

The different in price between af motor+ cc pegasus and mega 16/15/3 and cc Phoenix is like $85 dollars. Though I never try one myself everyone say it's practically maintenance free, longer duration and more power.

Brushed motor just don't last very long, I know some people have more luck with it. I personally have gone through quite a few on my Hummingbird heli in 3 months.

I have the same question as cherikeered since I know will need to get a brushless setup. I know people have success with mega 16/15/3 on eolo and I would think C40-12s will be even better? If I get C40-12s do I definitely need a one way gear on the Corona? I heard it will strip the gear if I don't while with mega 16/15/3 it's okay?
I have problem with glitches so my brushless setup will be with a non CC esc, maybe Kontronik esc. Any comment about this esc for brushless?

By the way what is the hover time with C40-12s and 8 cells cp2400?

Thank you.