RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA Useless!
Thread: AMA Useless!
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2015, 07:34 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OliverJacob
I didn't think AMA was an insurance carrier, they are rather an insurance broker.
They just buy the coverage. Point is - most of us do not ever use the benefits mentioned here.
Most of us are AMA members because our clubs require AMA membership.

And I have no doubts that there will be an alternative.
People will utilize different benefits afforded to them through their membership with the AMA, it's a personal preference of course. Some see it as solely an insurance product, others more than that.

As to the alternative, that's certainly debatable. One group tried that 20 years ago and it didn't work. If it was easy and could be done, I would venture a guess to say it would have been done by now. With entrepreneurship and a profit (or even altruism) incentive, I would have thought at some point this could have happened. Again, strip away everything else that comes with the AMA membership and just focus on the liability coverage. For arguments sake lets say another org like the AMA is created and is viable. They offer nothing but insurance to satisfy landowners needs, and the same if not more coverage than the AMA. Then you compare to the AMA. I would guess the landowners wouldn't care unless they could get more coverage from the new entity. So that's a probably win for the new entity. Then comes the membership. Do they stay with the AMA or try the new guy int town. That would certainly be interesting, and might be the wake up call that many feel the AMA needs. I believe competition is great, and usually benefits the consumer.