RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA Useless!
Thread: AMA Useless!
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2015, 05:31 AM
rc34074
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i am wondering just how much influence some think the AMA can have on a huge bureaucracy like the FAA? the AMA was trying to influence/control what happened but to think that they would be able to head this off with all the stupid things some people are doing with drones/uavs doesn't make sense. How much pure political power do you think we have? for instance how much money have we contributed to political campaigns? when it comes to having any REAL effectyou need to spend millions of dollars- maybe $20-30 million or more to produce ads to show the positive effects of our hobby and maybe go around to see what shows you can get on to spread the positive word, so when we have that kind of money to spend this might change but when the BIG boys (the AUVSI) are saying how great this is and that it will be a big positive effect then the AMA has no chance to affect this.

as for me its clear that they will continue onward but the only way to help this is to spend BIG money - so how many will contribute big bucks to a PR campaign?

Ed