RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA Useless!
Thread: AMA Useless!
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2015, 05:41 AM
rcmiket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by porcia83
Ya...funny thing happens when you are sued...you become involved in a lawsuit. The SFA was a disaster overall, and was crushed in court. AMA appropriately counter-sued them and the SFA got exactly what they deserved, a chapter 11 filing. If they had just tried to compete with a good product, and skipped all the nasty games they played, they might have had a go at it.

You and I are in agreement on the issue issue though, the time might be right for an alternative. If the SFA was able to get underwriting, don't see why someone else couldn't do it now. The most vocal opponents of AMA, and AMA leadership have the best opportunity now to strike out and make their mark. Will they? Looking at the old AMA threads going back 10 plus years, in all likelihood nothing will happen, just more complaints. Mixed in with the complaints will be some more good ideas, but nobody willing to step up and get more involved and actually do something.

I know it's going back a while, but do you recall what the SFA benefits were? As a side by side, where they similar? Also, why would your club hold two charters that might have offered the same coverage? Was there a benefit to that, or was that to allow both SFA and AMA "pilots" to use the field?

I find nothing funny at all about lawsuits. We allowed both AMA and SFA at our field. Never had a issue and never had a claim with SFA. As far as coverage I believe they were similar. The SFA was "a disaster overall" I thought they were just fine coverage is coverage and satisfied our landowner.
What's to stop say Nationwide or any other carrier from getting into the site owner and flyer insurance business? I read stuff like
" best opportunity now to strike out and make their mark" . i would think a established insurance company would be the way to go.
Mike