RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA Useless!
Thread: AMA Useless!
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2015, 02:04 PM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rutanman
The battles and challenges of the hobby in the past have been won and lost by common sense used by club members and individual club officers. In my club, it is hard to get officers period. At the point of being left out to dry, I wonder how many good club officers will resign because they are just tired of it all.

95% of the hassle of being a club officer has to do with dealing with problem members whose only goal is to cause disruption within the club.

Significant loss today for the hobby. Spoke to a friend who was about to get back into the hobby after a 9 year hiatus. After reading and hearing about the mess with the registration, he has decided to not get back into the hobby. Yes, it is only one person but each person who decides not to get into or take back up the hobby is a great loss. This middle age guy had saved a good portion of money to get back into the sport. The shame of it all is that he was a great pilot, great instructor and all around good guy. What a loss.

It's hard to believe that a simple free on-line registration process could cause someone to not return to the hobby. It certainly won't impact my ability to continue to enjoy the hobby just as I do today.