RCU Forums - View Single Post - Best Beginner's Car
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2015, 02:42 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by GermCrazy
... Because there are streams where they will be running it, I would prefer something that is waterproof in addition to being fast & sturdy.....
Welcome to RCU.

I don't know what exactly you and the kids plan on doing with the "streams", but if there is rough terrain around, sounds like you definitely want to get something 4wd and with bigger tires. I must say that the Arrma Typhon is a darn good choice, being 1/8 scale and all. In general, the eBuggy 1/8 scale platforms are built with "beefier" components, and are considered by many to be some of the toughest RCs out there. Every once in a while you'll find a model that is riddled with problems. Arrma is a good brand. I don't remember seeing anything too bad about Arrma's RCs. The Typhon was one of my "wish list" cars that I looked at closely before settling for a 1/10 Yeti kit .

I am a kit type of person when it comes to RCs. The whole build of a car/truck intrigues me, and getting to know the vehicle, inside and out, is a plus. I'm not putting down RTRs one bit. It's just that, companies putting out RCs with less than great electronics (weak servos is my biggest "pet peeve") to keep the price low enough... to lure you into the addiction . There are so many great RC Ready-To-Run cars out there to be had.

GermCrazy, get out there with your kids and kick up some dirt!

Is the buggy platform something you would like to stick with?

Last edited by RustyUs; 12-17-2015 at 03:35 PM.