RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA executive council accountability
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2015, 05:20 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, where to start. I guess it all starts with building eh? Gotta start there I guess, with some that's the holy grail of RC. That you derive such pleasure from it is really fantastic, I mean that. The hobby is so much more than that, I prefer to look at it this way, if someone is in the hobby and enjoying themselves that's good enough for me. Personal preference and all right? But I was spurred on by earlier discussions with you on this topic, so I bought a kit which I'll start someday soon. Also, I did an easier "build" and actually it's up on the front page now, First steps and all. Why don't you submit some of your own. Also, I'll be looking for some advice later today on how to modify my Telemaster, hope you might help if you can.

Useless actions, ya...there have been many of those suggested in the threads of late. Where you referring to the letter writing campaigns, or the Change.org petitions? Yes, I agree, almost completely useless in and of themselves. I could have swore though that you cheered on those folks when they did them. They have all pretty much petered out, the campaigns are pretty much over, but hey, at least those guys tried something rather than just complain on an RC site.

Now who is doing some spinning here, I never said anything about an average guy not connected with the hobby quitting anything. Who is this average guy you speak of. Surely someone complaining about the AMA Leadership on a RC modeling website isn't an average guy not connected with the hobby are they?

I get the OP's complaint and frustration, and you are in full agreement of course. I'm wondering though, what is a thread like this suppose to do? Whats the endgame? You welcome him to this thread and this "side", already drawing up an us versus them scenario. That is useful how? We are all actually on the same side here, we're mostly AMA members and hobbyists who don't like whats going on over the past few years with our hobby.

When I see someone complaining about holding another person or group accountable for something (and in this case something somewhat out of the AMA's control), I think it's natural to look for more than just a complaint about something that's happened in the past. The past is the past, nothing can change that. I see all these threads like this filled with complaints, but almost no suggestions on what to do going forward. No solutions. just angry empty rhetoric with no answers. If they are just rants, well that's fine and good. If they are calls to action, I think its fair to ask specifically what those actions are, and how the OP will go about implementing them.

Hope you enjoyed the holidays, there's one left coming up! Our first event of the year is 1-1, hopefully the weather holds out.