RCU Forums - View Single Post - Let's join together and refuse the FAA registration
Old 01-07-2016, 06:34 AM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jeffrey solomon
The serial number on the drone will be connected to a FAA number that gets assigned at time of purchase along with
all the persons' information who buys the drone
I doubt it it would be too much of a burden on the seller that's why they went with Registering Owner/Pilots In the first place.

There after I would imagine future purchases would correlate to that item and that person
This is what I predicted would happen

Can U imagine the complexity of keeping such a system up to date. Impossible. There were as of 2014 just 7523 registered air carrier panes in the US registry and 199,927 General aviation[SUP]b[/SUP] (active fleet) for a total of 207,450 Total US registered
ai
rcraft (Excluding military). For the last 7 or so years the FAA at oklahoma city
have shut down the whole registration almost weekly just to keep up with the Updates.

Can U see the complexity of keeping track who owns What with a Million and a half R/C TOY air vehicles out there. Impossible to accomplish with the present system.

The FAA will take voluntary registration out of the loop
Consider the rule that says that drones purchased after 12/21/15 must register as of 12/21/15 with no grace period til 2/19/16.
But it will take time for the app and the rest of the machinery to be put in place.
So if you plan on buying a drone and not registering do it now.
Who knows when the system will be operational?
NEVER Will not work, for many reasons.

and I think you put this out tongue in cheek? I know plenty who have, those are the real quiet guys in the club now. Especially if they have showed their drone pictures to everyone. What a bunch of bananas !
Of course no self respecting AMA member would ever do anything not in accordance with the AMA's Safety code, Now Would they?

Of course no self respecting AMA member would ever do anything not in accordance with the AMA's Safety code, Now Would they?

Jeffy U got one right ... It was sarcastic because U know no AMA member ever breaks the rules or the AMA safety code. LOL As an example I'll wager that less than half of all AMA members have their AMA info in all their R/C TOYs. What ya think U got all your TOYs marked with your AMA info? Y or N? will suffice. No Long explanation required.