RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA Web Site Down?
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2016, 11:50 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 142088
1) Liberty is worth the "years and years" is it not?

One cannot expect an empire to make redress of grievance easy or affordable (except for the 1% and their allies).
Injunctions from enforcement of fines would result under appeal or at the LEAST injunction could be sought.
The AMA picked up enough $$$$ of late to afford filing costs and even the pursuit of class action status.

What good can the AMA be if they are not NOW willing to go the wall for the membership including the ones inside the enemy occupied Beltway as well.
I see nothing but abandonment of the ramparts by AMA so far.
But it is someone's watch by G*d Almighty.

2) I have seen nothing but "playing nice" since I was angered watching the AMA kiss fa**y on CSPAN lately. I saw all this coming in 2014 confirmed this summer in CSPAN coverage.
The AMA play so nice with the firms that manufacture and sell the accouterments of our hobby. WHERE THE MONEY IS **** DUH!
Instead of transparency we get closed door "decision making" confabs from which coverage and the membership are excluded until the decisions are "announced". Nothing but BS IMHO.

IF both entities united AGAINST this bulloney and the membership aligned with a genuine effort to reign in the feds and associated jerks,
then maybe the FAA would have to acknowledge they attempted to abuse WeThePeople by illegal color of authority.
Bailiff wack his ....!

Instead frankly I fear the AMA is taking a leak on the membership by "going-along-to-get-along" and this perception is common with the folks I know that fly R/C.
Politics SUX.

3) Not playing the clique game as some do I do not belong to a club and have never had any contact with my district officers EXCEPT when they want my "vote",
like any other politician.
Nor do I vote for people I do not know and have never met, not in the AMA nor otherwise. Not since 1974 & 6.
No valid choice on ballots as is too familiar the last 50 years. So why bother when they are all the same entity of differing faces?

I fly mostly in a group of 2 or 3 and not at a club field and I feel that I am ignored because I don't play politics or cliques.

4) I am fortunate to have someone of favorable disposition to fulfill the function of something going up my pants leg
bless her tolerance for my gyrene attitudes and airplane noises and smells and time in the man cave
as I encourage her own time and nights out with the girls and scrap-booking as well as anything she decides to do. OK almost anything.

I can't fail to mention the aeronautical engineers and pilots and astronauts and cosmonauts that would have chosen other directions for their interests IF model aircraft had been so restricted in the 20th Century.

I doubt I can go any further or make my position any clearer than I already did.

Never forget that what one will allow authority to do to another "group" of people, the authority will be authorized by implied consent to execute upon you and yours.
Your position is clear....
I'll agree to disagree. The AMA is different things to different people, as is their perceived "value".