RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dumas sk daddle 2 27 inch
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2016, 07:01 PM
Adamgs340

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dumas sk daddle 2 27 inch

Hello guys I am new here. I have a Dumas sk daddle 2 that I never got to finish. I got the boat as a kit in 96 and built it with my dad. We finished the kit but never painted it. I bought a nitro motor a radio and hardware but never installed it. Well this is the year I am gonna finish my projects and this is next on the list. I have decided on going brushless instead of nitro so I am looking at purchasing the hardware over again. I was looking at the tacon. 3660-540l motor. It's the 1800 kv model 36x60. I am hoping thi motor is a good choice as the reviews for these seem to be good. I have seen some posts on the sk daddle and it said for they 27 inch model a 36x50 should be enough. I am not looking for a speed demon because I know the hull has its limitations. I was thinking of a subsurface strut and rudder combo with a flex shaft. And water pick up for cooling. I am open to suggestion on motor selection if this does not fit the bill. The next question is what prop to use and what amp esc. I am planning on running this on 4 s if that helps. Again I am a new when it comes to setting this up and brushless technology. Thanks again guys for all your knowledge and suggestions.
Thanks adam