RCU Forums - View Single Post - Mods.
Thread: Mods.
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2016, 02:28 PM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Panther F
So speaking of mods... I want to try my hand at animating (adding motion) a 1/16 figure.

What IS the best route to start with as far as servo size/speed and is it best to use linkage or a cable through the body/torso?

I know the radio needs more than 4 channels... so what should I shoot for then?

8? 10 channels?

Jeff
The Flysky i10 has 10 channels and it is possible to self center as well The programming is some of the easiest I've ever seen on a transmitter and has a help button for every screen. I think you would be fine with 10ch, but 16+ is even better. If you are looking for all out top of the line transmitter then I would say go with the Taranis. You can do ANYTHING with that transmitter, just be very prepared to study how the thing works lol. Programming is much harder on the Taranis than the i10 though just to warn you. I will no longer buy or even invest in a less than 6 or 7 channel transmitter anymore. The last 6 channel I got was just patched to be a 8ch actually. I find on my tanks I need at least 7ch and for my multicopters I need at least 8.
Edit: the Taranis would allow things like programmed movements accompanied with sound from the transmitter on one switch. This way you could press a switch (or trainer, no limits on OpenTX) and the model would say turn his head and wave and the TX would announce "waving" or whatever you wanted it to say.

Last edited by Imex-Erik; 01-27-2016 at 02:30 PM.