RCU Forums - View Single Post - Mods.
Thread: Mods.
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2016, 10:50 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by ausf
First off decide what you want it to do. Simplest and most convincing is just a turning head. Second would be an arm lifting binocs or something similar, but that runs the risk of looking like a Santas Elf in a window type thing.

A 5 gr micro servo would serve fine for turning a head, but if you go from underneath, any servo size will do.

In terms of channels, anything above 6 is too rich for my blood, or at least to warrant the price (I'm not up on the cheapies). But you only get switches above 6 anyway right? It's not like they have more sticks.

The easiest would be a head turn hook up to the rotation, you can go with like it'slooking ahead or against as if it's checking it's back. With Tamiya, you can get the servo to move before the rotation kicks in.

Here's Squidward (thrice decapitated in battle so far) piggy backed on rotation of a normal 4 channel Attack Tx.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONW9lqzBgGg

I DO appreciate your help!

I would love to know how you managed to have tilt with the head rotation for your Tiger commander has.

I understand what's going on in the head... the hinge operation, but I am dumbfounded when it comes to the mechanics of what's going on down below.

Jeff