RCU Forums - View Single Post - FB 1/7th F15 scale build
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2016, 05:12 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by skunkwurk
Thanks, Joe.

I've been wondering what to do, I'm leaning on the side of going with three tanks and 2 UATs. Plumbing both UATs to the one center tank. Is there a reason not to do this? It seems it would be the best option as either motor would be able to use that center tank as a supply. I was thinking of adding two high-flow clunks to the main tank.

Also, in the case of a flame out, I would not have 1/2 my fuel supply stranded.

LMK.

sc
Hello SC
I would not do it this way with a twin. It defeats the whole purpose in having a twin for redundancy. You need to separate independent fuel systems IMO.

Also the center forward tank is way to big stock and shifts the CG so far forward. Joe plumbed his so he burns off the forward tank first so his CG will not change much the remainder of the flight since the saddles are close to the CG. DO NOT use that forward tank. I cut mine in half and its working great this way. My other friend with one Mike is using a jettech fuel cell in the front.

For a twin on this plane I would use 2 smaller tanks in the front or do as joe did and have the tank cut in half reduced and then slit whats left for separate sides. Also no need for high flow unless you are going single. Only reason I did high flow is because I will be dropping a K300 in when its ready also was having high PW issues that have since been resolved.