RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dual Elevator Setup..Help!
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2016, 03:19 PM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by swannyuk88
Thanks for the replies all. I've got 3 hitec servos (all the same model) and swapped them around to rule out a slower servo.

Rods are at 90 degrees or as close as I can get to the servo arms and both rods are attached in the same end hole on the arms. The rods are the same length and I've made sure all mixes, trims subtrim etc are off or 0.

I looked in to moving one servo arm to the other side but in both cases that would cause a bend on the rod with quite a bit of pressure.

Here comes the interesting bit, with a y lead and throws set to 50% both surfaces move together and stop at the same point. Using Ailevator on channels 2 and 5, again with throws reduced one moves slightly quicker than the other.

In BOTH cases if I move the stick very slightly down one servo will move (talking 1 or 2mm) and the other wont until I move the stick a bit further. This happens on any of the 3 servos I put in the same place, could it be that one elevator / push rod is giving more resistance than the other? Can't feel it if it is.
If this is the case, you may need to start from a fresh memory slot location. I've seen this many times while programming the swashplate movement on helicopters. The servos do not move in unison when requested. Starting from scratch on a fresh memory usually solves the problem. If you do not have a fresh memory slot, do a factory re-set on the desired slot and start from zero on the programming. Copying from one slot to another typically copies whatever "programming" was there to begin with, which is causing your problem.

Hope that helps.
Rafael