RCU Forums - View Single Post - All things about 1/10 Madspeed Drift King
Old 02-16-2016, 04:54 PM
Rocket-J
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I now have made several mods.
I have a .06 speed servo, a Hobbywing brushless motor and ESC. I have homemade ABS tires that work better than all the new ones I buy. ABS is like PVC but it is black. Hardware stores carry it in 4' lengths that makes dozens of tires for penny's. They also last better. I have modified the front steering to turn a few degrees farther. That combined with the faster steering really helps. This servo also comes back to center better the the stock one. Near perfect every time. My stock steering was too stiff. The plastic linkage was tight on the metal balls. I took them apart and put the Dremel on the metal ball and spun it in the plastic with a little rubbing compound on them. Be careful not to let them get hot. Only spin then a few seconds at a time, until the arm will drop from gravity. Then clean them off and apply a drop of very light oil. It made a huge difference for my car. I love the steering now.
This thing is fast. Too fast for the local drift track but I love big fast circles, sideways then through it the other way for a figure 8.