RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official Whiplash Tech Site
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2016, 05:01 PM
Rocketman612
My Feedback: (85)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

WOW

Successful maiden but the Gremlins were out. for yesterday's adventure the launcher worked great but the whiplash could not get enough speed and altitude so I broke a couple of props then raised the end on a couple of bricks and I was able to get into the air. She had a nasty hard left roll that would not trim out. In fact the more right trim that was added the worst it got like it was reversed. I was able to safely land it but broke another prop. In going through everything the elevons worked perfect and correct but the trim was in fact reversed. A new one on me so I was able to get into the programming for the trim. The setting was +30 so I changed it to -30 and it now takes trim normally. Had I lost the plane I would have never figured out the programming error that almost killed it.

Today I brought out my workmate and a table to raise the launcher and that was the ticket. Both launches and flights were good except that the engine quit each time about 2 min into the flight. Engine not hot glow plug not burnt out. We ran it again without refueling and the fuel was foaming bad.

So. I have some ideas about remounting the tank to reduce vibration if that does not work then a Tetra bladder tank will go in.

Will get the videos on soon. I deeply appreciate the ideas and suggestions that are in ALL of the Whiplash threads and incorporated into this build. I know my success this weekend rested on your shoulders.

Pete