RCU Forums - View Single Post - BJ Craft Agenda CD
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2016, 05:12 PM
shannah
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bubblehead575
Well, got my V4 Brenner drive installed and got a real maiden flight in (the first one last week only lasted 30 seconds due to a speed control fire). Got 5 solid trim flights in and just love the way the plane is flying, very little trim needed. However I needed to adjust the elevator trim a fair amount, and I think the issue is the incidence. It is pulling to the canopy on up-lines and down-lines, as well as knife edge. It snaps nice and slow, so is easy to stop. The spin entry is fabulous, especially compared to my Inspire. It rolls like a dream, however with the wing so far below the thrust line it looks a little odd, like it is wallowing.

Current incidence settings are as follows. Nose ring (motor Thrust) is at -1.0* Wing is at +1.7* and cantalizer is at 0* Based on BJ recommended settings the wing should be at +1.0* otherwise everything matches suggested set up

Earlier posts on the other Agenda thread seemed to suggest it should be at +2.5*. I was assuming that I was miss reading the post and that they were talking about the difference between thrust and wing, which would put me just a little high.

Check the info I posted on my Agenda thread. The incidence should be at +2.2. The CG location and incidence info is correct. That will cure your pull issues. This is measured when you set the fuse such that you read -1.0 on the nose ring. Then, if you measure the wing incidence you will measure +2.2. His original incidence was too shallow. This is not relative to the datum line on the fuselage, as there is no way to measure relative to that. Measuring relative to the fuse datum line would give you the true incidence setting, but who knows what that is.

As for snaps, I use a fairly high rate and it snaps extremely quickly and stops immediately. Very nice.