RCU Forums - View Single Post - Cor-Star 60 Version 2.0 plans and pics
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2003, 10:02 AM
Deadeye

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Cor-Star 60 Version 2.0 plans and pics

OK, guys, still with me? I'm hoping some of you have NOT decided this is too complicated and moved on. It's really not that bad. It was only my second coroplast plane, and 3rd built plane.

The following pictures show the servo rails, secondary fuse former, epoxied fuse, etc.

As mentioned before, the servo rails can be any design you want. In fact, the plastic trays that Futaba makes work really good, plus, you can mount the switch in the tray, leaving just a small wire sticking out of the fuse to turn it on/off.

The secondary fuse former is optional. It is not neccessary, but it gives the hood a nice curve, plus a nice place to grab the plane to start it. Use the upper half of your firewall as a template. Glue it along the top of your wood interior. Use foam, wood, foam/wood, whatever, I've used 1/8 ply, 1/4 ply, and (like the pic) 1 inch foam with 1/8 ply laminated to both sides.

Thin some epoxy and fuel proof the INSIDE ONLY of the wooden interior. Try not to get too much on the side that will mate weith the coro, as the epoxy will prevent the poly glue from soaking into the wood.

PS, the last pic shows the motor mount mounted. Make sure you fuel proof the firewall before you mount this.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61816.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	69257   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx74528.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	69258   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hm23281.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	23.7 KB