RCU Forums - View Single Post - 12 FG programming -dual rates
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2016, 08:48 AM
davidej

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12 FG programming -dual rates

I have just purchased a second-hand 12FG and am having real problems in getting to grips with it. I can manage the set-up of my 7ch set easily but I have run out of model memories and thought I would go for a ‘top-of-the-range’ model.

I have managed model name, servo direction and end point fairly easily and (with difficulty) timer but I am getting really stuck on dual (not to say triple) rates and I haven’t tried mixes yet. I am a fixed wing flier and I think if I had helis, I might better understand some if the language in the manual.

1. I went to Dual Rates, set D/R 1&2 to AIL and ELE and STATUS to ON,– I don’t want any other D/Rs. The word CONDIT1 shown in the manual does not appear on the screen – is this a heli thing only?
2. I assigned switches and set their ON/OFF. I can’t understand ALTERNATE/NORMAL thing or find the screen shown in the manual which refers to four operational modes ( heli things again?)
3. I went to first screen for AFR and set Rate A at 100% and B at 60%. I set EXP for both A&B at -30. I assume this is exponential and -30 will give me a slightly soft centre on the stick. Changed from AIL to ELE and did the same
4. On the second screen for AIL it shows ACTIVE D/R 1, which seems right. For ELE it showed D/R 2 (also right) but also GROUP ( this seems to be related to CONDITION)- I left it unchanged. I changed LIN to SYM and a left SPEED at 0 for both IN and OUT
Trying this on the model, the rate switches had no effect at all. Where am I going wrong? If I can master this, I hope I will be able to move on to mixes unaided.

I have read some of the threads here and they don’t seem to help. I had hoped I would find a YouTube tutorial but no such luck. I get the feeling that (like so much electronics) the manufacturer gave a 14 year old a microcomputer and said “think of all the things we could do with this” rather than “let’s do some really useful things”. I am beginning to wish I had stuck with my 7CHP!

Thanks in advance

Last edited by davidej; 04-10-2016 at 10:42 AM.