RCU Forums - View Single Post - Gee Bee Conquistador
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2016, 09:55 AM
dfarwig61

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Doc,
No, I am just outside of Orlando, FL in Longwood which is a suburb on the east side of town right smack in the middle of the state.
45 minutes to Daytona and about an hour and a half from Tampa.
Many great modelers around here as well.
Bob Violet is a personal friend of mine that I have know for years.
I literally watched his business grow into what it is today.
BVM is now a house hold name in the modeling community.
Years ago when I had my framing business going, I framed Bob's house for his contractor, Bill Williamson who is another Excellent modeler himself as well as now a very fine aerobatic pilot.
He moved up into the Ocala area some years ago and built himself a home in a airplane community and has his own 3 plane hangar right nest to his house.
How cool is that and he also built his own monster Pitts and still flies in competition with it.
He sold the original Pitts S-1 that he built and then built the newer version of the monster Pitts with more power for better aerobatics.
Way to cool.
I certainly appreciate what you are trying to do for me regarding the QED plans but if nothing comes of the search, I guess we will just have to wait until you get things unpacked to see where we stand at that time.
I will keep all of my fingers crossed that we can find these but if not, then I hope that your set might be re-producible.
Thanks again Doc,
Doug