RCU Forums - View Single Post - Gee Bee Conquistador
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2016, 04:04 PM
dfarwig61

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Doc" I am so glad I met you(well almost)......
You sound like my kind of guy......
History.....
My dad was a fighter pilot in the USAF and basically I traveled the world as a dependent.
While he served out nation as a lifer in the Air Force, he never taught any of his 4 sons how to fly.....
Go Figure......?
I would have loved to learn how to fly personally.......
I got bit in my youth ages by the Beatles and decided that I wanted to be one of those guys......
Well, I have to tell you, I am one hell of a bass player and a damn good singer and I still play to this day but the big time never graced me....
Wasn't in the cards for me.
I married and had Kids......
End of that story........
Construction business was booming in Florida and I was a Health Horse and decided to give it a try.....
45 Years later and several businesses I finally find myself Semi-Retired.......
No money though which really sucks.....
Fortunately my significant other makes plenty of money through an insurance claim and pays her for life so things aren't that bad for either of us and I still work part time.
2015 was Great for me and I am actually in the middle of a home remodel because of that good fortune.
Next on the list for me...........Models..........Big Models.........
I am and have always been into Golden Age Racers........
I don't know what it is but I just love those guys.......
Next on the list.........Big Hawker Sea Fury........With a Big Radial Engine.......
There are quite a few kits to chose from right now but Boy......Those Radials Ain't Cheap........
$4500.00 + without propeller..........Ouch.......!
It had better last is all I can say and see many different airplanes along the way.
Moki Anything would be OK right now.
I'll put in a request for Santa......Ha Ha Ha......Good Luck On That
My love for War Birds is also pretty strong with my favorite being the Hawker Sea Fury.......
What a beautiful flying airplane and I have seen many of the newer kits fly and they all fly well.
Like you, I like the bigger birds because I believe they just fly better and handle the wind conditions so much better.
Time will tell if that holds true.
P-47 Jug would be next on my list.....
Right now, this Conquistador Gee Bee Q.E.D. has my attention and interest and that is what I am focused on.........
Also in the future, I would love to build a Large Art Chester Chipmunk........
I don't know what it is about that airplane but it is just appealing to me and I loved the way it flew and the paint scheme was great and very easy to see in the air.
Tail dragger and very good training for the young bucks like me.......ha ha ha.
"Doc" talk again soon and always nice hearing from you.
Looking forward to hearing from you again,
Doug