RCU Forums - View Single Post - UMS Evolution Radial Care and Operation
Old 04-20-2016, 08:08 PM
mogman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's been a long time since I converted my 7-77 to gas and ign (Adrian at CH provided the parts), and finally got round to flying the plane.

It's mounted on a giant Aeromaster and weighs about 25-26 lbs.which is about 8 lbs lighter than my friends A/master with a Sachs 3.2

Did the maiden flight today. Prop is a 22/12 turning about 5500. Running 20:1 mix and has had not much in the way of running so still just a hair on the rich side, but not very much oil spewing out...most of it comes from the lube that comes off the rockers.

I can't believe how quiet this engine is in the air. Plane flew very well, not the powerhouse I thought it might be, but certainly adequate for the kind of flying I do. Most of the flight(s) were below 1/2 throttle.

It was a bit of a struggle to get everything in the plane, ignition box, tank, fuel pump etc, and to balance the plane I mounted 3-2500 lifes just in front of the vertical fin. I will try to get some photos this weekend...weather permitting.

I have to contact Adrian as I acquired a 7-260, new and un-run for a VERY low price. Ser. # 0002 I am missing the harness that goes from the ignition box to the battery switch. It is a 4 pin harness and Horizon can't supply one without the ignition..$1,000.00 US!

I'll see if Adrian can help me out.

Cheers,
Dave.