RCU Forums - View Single Post - Contra Rotating Propeller Drive for f3a 2m Pattern Planes
Old 05-24-2016, 01:01 PM
J Lachowski
My Feedback: (46)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bubblehead575
I am having an issue with seeing the wings level also. I think the issue is that the color scheme causes the wing to blend into the fuse making it hard to see the wings and determine wings level. I am thinking about changing the pattern on the fuse and making more white space by painting over a couple of the stripes. Someone suggested that I use a white masking tape first to see if it makes a difference before I paint it. I have only had one day in months to fly so I have not had a chance to try it. Makes sense to me. See if that helps you.
The issue you describe is what I thought. I did tape white over the blue. I think it helps, but when I did it, I flew the plane on a cloudy day and had to rely on a local sport flyer for a second opinion. I wasn't 100% sure. Be careful and do not cover any of the lettering on the fuselage. I covered the word Contradrive and the tape I used removed the clearcoat and some of the letters when I removed it. Luckily, I had some of Brenners decals to cover what was removed. At this stage I am not going to do anything to the finish. Not sure I will be keeping this plane in the long run. I have something else in the works I hope will be better for me. Until I know, the plane is a backup and I will continue to fly the Invitation as my primary in the meantime. The standard Invitation fuselage finish is the best that BJ has done to date. Another thing that aggravates me is, why do the manufacturers insist on using silver in other places other than the canopy area? You can't see it. At least I can't. Enough of hijacking the Contra thread.