RCU Forums - View Single Post - Contra Rotating Propeller Drive for f3a 2m Pattern Planes
Old 05-30-2016, 07:02 PM
Brenner

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by andypnz
Hi Brenner

I have a V4, and received replacement bearings from the dealer I purchased from - Jason Arnold in Australia. The drive has not been run.

1. The replacement bearings are identical part number (S6900RS, yellow seals) to those in the drive. Should I still go ahead and replace them?

2. The pinion gear bolt was not done up (no Loctite, not even hand tight). Is this correct? Should I do anything different on re-assembly?

3. Any suggestions for Spin 99 ESC settings (Kontronik pyro 600-09).

Thank you
Andrew
Hey Andrew,

Yes, you should still replace the bearings. The replacement bearings have ceramic balls, and a polymer cage, which make them suitable for high speed running.

The pinion gear bolt is loose because you will not be able to install the Drive in your plane if the Drive remains attached to the motor. Please reference the installation instructions in the manual for more details.

Do not use Loctite on the pinion gear bolt. If you do this, you will not be able to reinstall your Drive onto the motor shaft.

The Spin 99 ESC will not work with the 600-09 motor because it is a 14 pole motor. Do not use this ESC. You will need to use a Jeti Mezon ESC with this motor.

The settings for the Jeti Mezon are as follows:

Poles = 14 for Pyro 600-09, 10 for Pyro 650-83
Timing = 24 degrees
PWM frequency = 16khz
Acceleration = Normal, 1 second
Low Throttle Pulse Width = Auto
High Throttle Pulse Width = 2.05ms
Brake = 30% with 1 second on time

Brenner ...