RCU Forums - View Single Post - Os .25 fsr
Thread: Os .25 fsr
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2016, 02:35 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by buzzard bait
The TT muffler is quite a bit larger than the stock muffler, and the outlet is larger. I found it ran a few hundred rpm better with the TT muffler than with the stock muffler, which I think is very restrictive. Didn't you do an adapter to run your Enya 30SS with a 40 size muffler? The Enya 30 has the same bolt spacing, so why not give your OS the same treatment?

I'm away from home, so don't have my figures in front of me. I remember liking the engine a lot, but from figures I've seen it is not nearly as powerful as the FX.

Jim
I used a TT .46 Pro muffler on the Enya .30 as well as a .46 Jettstream muffler.. I haven't tried the big muffler on the OS yet - I the TT .25 muffler fit without modification for a test run to see if the engine was gonna even run. Next test will be a .35 Jettstream muffler (stock bolt spacing for OS/ST .21-.32) and later the .46 size mufflers. I didn't get the stock muffler with the ..25FSR, so I used what was handy and fit. Part of the reason the FSR isn't as strong is likely due to the timing. The FX is timed hotter and likely has a bigger carb. Fear not, I will test different carbs and exhausts to see what my FSR can do - I need some data to compare for when I put the Davis head on it. I've been so busy, I haven't had a chance to run the FSR further.