RCU Forums - View Single Post - NEWB ? - Losi 1/10th Drift-R tires
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2016, 03:40 PM
surjer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEWB ? - Losi 1/10th Drift-R tires

I know this is probably one of the stupidest questions ever asked but here goes. I have a LOSI Drift-R rtr that I have had for years. Pretty much as soon as I got it I ditched the wheels that were on it, stuffed them off to the side, and got some foam tires to run at the local indoor track. Well, fast forward to recent times - There is a new indoor carpet "drift" track that my son is totally into. We ran our car there a few times and after tonight noticed the tires were getting really bald. I looked up the tires and they don't make them anymore. Sooo, my question is - Is there another "similar" tire I can purchase that will fit on the existing rims? Can you remove the tires that are on the current rims or do I have to buy a whole new set of rims/tires. That looks to be around a 50 dollar purchase for 4 rims/tires. I am hoping there is a more affordable route. Thanks in advance!

Here is the car we have. (It's basically the XXX-S but marketed for "drifters" - http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodID=LOSB0289