RCU Forums - View Single Post - Airworld lightning
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2016, 01:37 PM
GEEBEER3FLYER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airworld lightning

Just about to embark on a build of this model and as with all of us, i have great plans in my minds eye for it to be as perfect as i can get it, ( i have built and flown 2 turbines before, one of which was a Skymaster 1/6 f16)

I have a couple of questions however related to what may be a none standard installation (the F 16 was straight forward and used what was in the kit)

Firstly, i wish to add a 100%scale cockpit, this will i assume involve reducing the intake duct internal diameter from a plain tube ( as i assume the kit supplies, it has not arrived just yet)
i am planning on using 2 smaller engines( 2x100 or 120)and wondering if there is a specific formula for required cross section per engine for inlet area, ( am aware the intake will need to be strong to avoid collapse etc)

Next question, i wish to use afterburner LED rings but DO NOT want just 2 sets of rings stuck to the end of the efflux pipe, as that just looks like 2 sets of leds stuck on the ouside of a pipe and not like an afterburner... My idea ( that i am wondering if possible) is to have the thrust pipes suitable for the engine that are cut off short inside the model but overlapped into a slightly larger diameter stainless pipe tha leads to the back of the aircraft, the LED's can be set into the gape in the overlap and look like they are buried deep in the efflux pipe, even thought about a small pump injecting a small amount of water into the pipes that would turn to steam and glow in the light......

These may well be mad and insane ideas , hence asking here, was wondering if anyone with more experience of scale mods or doing similar could let me know if im way off base.....many thanks and apologies for poor spelling, cant mod post after proofreading as lack th knowledge on an ipad