RCU Forums - View Single Post - Airworld lightning
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2016, 09:38 AM
GEEBEER3FLYER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well the kit arrived today, what can i say, well 2 things, firstly ( even though i have built the Geebee r3 and a skymaster f16 and even an airworld hawk...)

Im shockingly underwhelmed at the lack of thought thats gone into certain parts of the airframe, the front undercarriage well and intake tube are mostly useless due to having the gel,coat on the 'wrong surface, one minutes thought would have seen them perfect in pre production, the front nose leg mount is usless with any shock load on the gear perfectly pushing the mount plate off their mounting point as they arent locked inin any way, a strengthening former in a stupid place within where one would want to put the cockpit and a missing missile mount......
added to which im seriously p@@@@@@ off that though we have been waiting 4 weeks after the agreed delivery date and paid upront for everything 3 and a half months ago as you must with airworld, they 'forgot' to put the retracts in that were paid for and ordered with the kit!!! They really dont do themselves any favours bearing in mind their terribly bad reputation for customer service.
anyway, the basics are here and will class it As a blank canvas which i can turn into a decent scale model, they have certainly caused more work and greif than a 3500 pound kit warrants though.......