RCU Forums - View Single Post - Airworld lightning
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2016, 04:59 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Well for the CG..... I emailed airworld to get the CG and after trying to contact people and pulling my hair out someone finally got the factory CG and they say it should be on that main spar. This is incorrect and we almost lost the plane on its maiden flight because it was so nose heavy and we ran out of elevator and could not get it to rotate, Then had to land very fast to keep the nose up. Was the scariest maiden flight I have ever been apart off. Barry did the takeoff and most of the flight then I did the landing.

We have since been removing lead from the nose and have now removed a total of 3 lbs from the nose and find the CG allot better. I am not sure where the CG is now because I sent the xicoy scales back to Barry since I dont need them anymore. But 3 inches behind that spar seems about right.

Originally Posted by GEEBEER3FLYER
Just messing with the front gear bay, actually seems to work quite well in terms of positioning, just trying to determine the best order to bond and fill things to enable suitable access for gear mount bolts/ airlines etc.
my brief figuring ( no help here in instructions and only done a rough drawing calculation) says the cg will be roughly 3 inches behind the centre of the main spar and the only real place for the fuel tank is between the 2 spars making it nose heavy a bit when fueled, leaning out to perfect cg towards end of flight, anyone with experience of this machine, i would be grateful for agreement /disagreement ..
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	wDSC_8324.jpg
Views:	769
Size:	156.1 KB
ID:	2177533