RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jp 4
Thread: Jp 4
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2016, 05:27 AM
ausf

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBennyB
Also Jeff, we first do the hit test before we ask a tanker if they can remove an obstruction. It's not just a visual observation. So if a tammy t1 comes to inspection with it's stock TC hatch and it takes hits from the obstructed side it's good to go. Never want to make a builder mess with their stuff unless necessary for fair play.
I hear ya.

It's a lose-lose situation because even if you win the battle, they'll be skepticism involved.

My T1 is retired from battle since I mounted the skeletal TC, but that hatch still has the Aber details from the original build, so it's fully functional with the retaining clip and spring assist. There's no way I'd pull it off to battle.

The landing Sherman vents were removable (as are riders) so they shouldn't be considered part of the tank design.

I look at it as the same as the tank choice. My son will always choose a 105 M4 over a JS-2 because he knows he can spin that turret so much faster than swinging that telephone pole around. If a T1 is less vulnerable from the right side, then that's how it should be battled. Although, I can't even pull off the turret turn to 45 half the time so the idea I could use the TC hatch lid like a Captain America shield is pretty funny.

Another idea on the hatch: anyway you could mount the hinge against the roof with magnets? Maybe tabs out to the side? You could pop it off for battle, back on for regular drive/display.