RCU Forums - View Single Post - Monoid
Thread: Monoid
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2016, 06:08 PM
UN.RCONT.OL

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

At this point, where I am dealing with all kinds of problems from servo alignment to resonance, I am judging myself for trying to achieve this hard task one more time.

As opposed to 1 design which I was able to successfully take to horizontal flight and back, I had 5 or 6 different designs that were not successful. And I may be on the route to another failure with this one. Well, at least I made a humanoid fly vertically and can live with not being able to convert into a flying jet…

I am learning a lot with this though. For example, the design didn’t like me to make the servo connections sturdier and whole structure was caught in a resonance shake in the air. So, a flexible aluminum sheet bracket is holding the servos, which got rid of that.

I tested many designs for the rudder/elevator and came up with the correct design which doesn’t disturb the horizontal flight. I also changed the canopy to a smaller version that I really liked… Pics attached.

One problem that I don’t have a solution for yet is that while transitioning, the yaw response is horrible. The unit is barely responding to full stick input. I had this problem with my first unit that I kicked the project off with, which utilized a similar thrust vectoring design. I believe the response will start coming back when it gets closer to horizontal, but then I need to keep the unit straight until I get the yaw response back. Will it still be in sight???

I also need to raise the center of lateral resistance, based on the response that I am getting from the unit…

Very tough project. Hope I don’t end up collecting debris from the field one more time.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20160904_180626.jpg
Views:	527
Size:	999.4 KB
ID:	2179585   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160904_180545.jpg
Views:	480
Size:	995.8 KB
ID:	2179586   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160904_180539.jpg
Views:	400
Size:	985.3 KB