RCU Forums - View Single Post - Questions for Presidential Write-In Candidate Frank Tiano
Old 09-08-2016, 12:35 PM
Heath Roc
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FTiano
Hi Heath,
The AMA president does not make the "rules" or policies effecting any program. so, the large aircraft program is not able to be changed by the President. However, the Pres can make suggestions to the Safety Committee and the VPs to make changes. I am not certain that ALL AMA members have the expertise to effectively "inspect" other member's airplanes so the Inspector program in place currently is probably the best solution for now. I do believe the program should be streamlined, a LOT!!
One thing to remember, the AMA president does NOT run the AMA! He is there to head and offer suggestions to the Executive Council on things that are or might be effecting AMA members, good or bad.
Dear Mr. Tiano, Thanks for taking the time out of your busy schedule to respond to my question and explain how the internal AMA processes works. I was not aware the president doesn't make the rules or policies effecting any program, but it makes sense now that you explained that this is handled by the safety committee and VPs with suggestions from the president.

If elected president of the AMA, would you suggest to the safety committee and the VPs that the AMA perform Large Model Aircraft (LMA) inspections for non-AMA members or would you suggest that we AMA members do not perform LMA inspections for non-AMA members?