RCU Forums - View Single Post - I guess this FPV drone racing fad is becoming mainstream with large Pro Sports owners
Old 09-14-2016, 07:51 AM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by porcia83
Do you realize the difference between a drone and a MR racer?
I think maybe it would be nice if you explained the differences for claritys' sake. I am not sure I know the difference, as there seem to be many opinions about this and not too many agree on the definition. If you are strictly talking about the FAA's definition, that is one thing, but you know as well as I do, that is not necessarily the common definition that is referred to on these threads.

If I try to read your post as I think you intended it, you suggest there is a difference between a "drone" and a "MR racer". If you were to ask me, there is no difference and I suspect that others here feel the same. I would like to know what the difference is in your opinion so we can start this discussion without any assumptions.

You are aware that the DRL events are races using FPV, correct? I may be wrong, but if you were to ask most what a MR racer is, they would describe something flown via FPV.

Regards,

Astro