RCU Forums - View Single Post - I guess this FPV drone racing fad is becoming mainstream with large Pro Sports owners
Old 09-14-2016, 09:57 AM
GSXR1000
My Feedback: (7)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rcmiket
I picked up his "tidbit" on your quote on my saying these events "don't really happen" let me set the record straight I said and still maintain that there's not spectators at them. Never numbers posted as to attendance. There's even pictures proving that point.
Without spectator support this will dry up and die. Sponsors will not continue to put out money with out a return for long.
Calling this "mainstream" is a bit of a stretch.

Mike
if you look, it's really sarcasim at mr/drones becoming main stream; if you picked up my ESPN 8 reference.

Probably to a lesser degree, it will do like what WSOP and WPT did for no limit texas holdem poker. It got real big real quick and had a few good years of growth and and then the growth stopped, it went down, but now has a decent steady plateau, cause sometimes late night after watching baseball on foxsports the show after it is WPT and guess what, I sometimes won't change the channel and i'll watch the WPT show.

So i think with it being on the deuce, it will have a similar effect, not as large or fast a growth that poker got, but i can see high school kids researching stuff online after watching a DRL episode and pricing how much it would take to get in the hobby/sport.

$12 million dollar investment is a lot of money to create infrastructure and see what the ROI will be 4/5 years down the road. Those guys may have just thrown away $12 million bucks or they maybe starting a viable platform in it's infancy...

Last edited by GSXR1000; 09-14-2016 at 10:05 AM.