Thread: AMA byLaw
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2016, 02:53 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LJE4357
Can you prove that statement 100%. If that's true, why is the AMA board so concerned about the bylaws changing. I know someone that's a Leader Member that's been wanting to make this change for the past 10 years. Several of the board's has been wanting to kick him out of AMA, but can't find a reason to do it. He hasn't done anything wrong. There are District VP's that have resigned before there term was up, as they didn't want to be involved with anything that was illegal. Members of the AMA have the right to know how there dues are used. Not until AMA got assets, was this ever an issue. Whats the value of AMA today. It's a lot more that just office furniture. Why do they have the concern of the bylaws change? Love to hear an answer to that.

Because of the internet, the leader members could have a vote on one day, very easily. That idea was suggested once before to an AMA president, that ignored it. I was the one that suggested it.
Since when is the AMA board so concerned about bylaw changes? I haven't heard a single word about it, and I'm a leader member. I haven't seen a single thing noted about this issue in the EC meeting notes.

It's naive to think that a vote could just happen in a day. If you read the bylaws as a leader member you'll not there is a process in place for issues such as this. They can't just pop a poll up online and have votes counted.

The AMA has been around 80 years, it's not going anywhere. This question is posed and structed in the same way many of the polls here are started...assuming there is something wrong, or bad, or horrible coming just around the corner. A "what if", always with a negative premise.

And from a new member who just happened to find his way to the AMA forums.